4 ways to keep your website content fresh
Keeping your content flexible and relevant is essential. The topics, goals, and solutions that your customers are interested in will may change. To keep up with these changes, you need to be ready to produce fresh content.
The challenge is that it’s just not practical to rewrite your website every six months. Instead, you need to build systems to allow you to push up-to-date content on a rolling schedule.
Frequently updating your content is also great for SEO and makes visitors trust that your company is active in your industry. What do you need to do to make sure your site is ready?
Keeping your website fresh
Blogging, social media, and announcements are maintenance tasks and can be hard to keep up with. To avoid these falling by the wayside, your site needs to be ready to handle them, and you need to come up with a realistic content schedule.
Here’s a few tips to support your content efforts:
- Build out a blog on your site. If you use a CMS (content management system) like WordPress or Squarespace, then you can probably launch a blog pretty quickly.
- Create an email list using MailChimp and put a signup form in the sidebar of your blog or at the end of each post.
- If your marketing strategy includes social media such as Facebook or Twitter, consider including a social media feed or widget. If this approach isn’t right for you, then at least put links to your social media accounts in your site footer and on your contact page.
- Build in an announcement function to make visitors aware of new content, products, or important announcements.
- Consider key holidays, company events, and quarterly themes for the year ahead. Then start coming up with monthly goals and weekly content ideas within each time frame. Always keep in mind your target audience and what their concerns, goals, and needs are.
- Figure out what pace will be sustainable for your organization. One blog post a month and two or three social posts a week? That works. More? Great. Just be realistic. It’s far better to stay consistent than to run out of energy.
Can we help?
We love building sites that provide long-term value and strengthen your brand. This means your investment will go further and you’ll be able to help more customers along the way. If you’d like our help to create a site that’s easy to update, feel welcome to contact us.